For a better understanding how MEETS works, you can attend a webinar for utilities on 9/27/18 at 10 a.m. Pacific time.
MEETS was designed to directly address what many refer to as the utility “death spiral” of falling unit sales which often puts upward pressure on utility rates, causing further loss of unit sales, etc.
Under MEETS, utilities bill facilities at retail, for the metered efficiency yield of which the utility took delivery.
The result for utilities:
- Growing revenue and unit sales (not shrinking, as in all current efficiency models)
- Opportunity to invest for regulated rate of return
- Payment system based on proven delivery
- New, reliable, location-specific, at-scale load resource
- Provable measurements, not “deemed” estimates, for reporting to regulators